We may at our discretion decide not to post or to remove already posted user-submitted content from the site, either for reasons that can include taste or to maintain the quality of the discussion. Reasons user-generated content could be excluded or removed from the site include, but are not limited to:
• Contains abusive, hateful or objectionable language, threats, violence or inflammatory attacks.
• Contains obscene or coarse language, pornographic material or nudity.
• Is defamatory.
• Harasses or personally attacks any individual.
• Violates the privacy rights of any individual.
• Promotes or encourages dangerous or illegal acts.
• Includes copyrighted or other proprietary material.
• Advertises any goods or services.
• Is off-topic or “spam” (i.e., indiscriminate and repetitive posting).
• Is as long or longer than the article or blog post referenced.
• Links to objectionable material.
When there is doubt about whether user-generated content is objectionable, we err on the side of NOT posting it. However, do not exclude content just because:
• Another user, or the moderator, does not agree with the commenter’s opinion.
• It is critical of the newspaper or its staff; however, any threat of violence is not permissible.
• It includes typographical errors or misspellings.
• A user requests it.
If you have questions about this policy, please contact Editor Dan Evans at email@example.com